Oct 14, 2012

See Ya In the Gumbo # 53 (potluck)

See ya in the gumbo!

My great grandpa said this instead of "good-bye."  It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  And no two people make it the same way.

To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.

Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


The winner of the Real Cajun cookbook giveaway
will be announced tomorrow night.


All featured entries from last week will be Pinned here.

Last week's top link:

Chili Tater Tot Casserole
from Served Up With Love
Looks like a family-pleaser to me.
    

More top-viewed links:

Thighs Be Damned Coconut Cake
from akawest 
Lisa says this is the best coconut cake in the world.  If it tastes as good as it looks, thighs of the world are all in trouble.

100 Layer Lasagna
from White Lights On Wednesday     
Made with homemade ragu and a creamy white sauce.  And no ricotta--to please people like me (sorry, Julie!).

Catching my eye:

Italian Salsa
from Kitchen Garden Love
Maybe I'm just longing for my summer tomatoes, but this looks really good.

* Please link your post, not your homepage.

* In your post, please link back to my site or add a button.

* Try to visit 2 or more participants

* Food-related posts only, please.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, Michelle. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my coconut cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The features look amazing! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring my Chili Tater Tot Casserole...My family loves it! Linked up my #1 recipe Caramel Apple Pound Cake! Thanks for hosting, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hopefully back, now that life is quieter. It feels good to visit other blogs. I love yours. It exudes warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for featuring my Italian Salsa! Hope you get a chance to try it. During the winter, I like to use Muir Glen Tomatoes...I don't work for them, LOL...I just grew up eating them and they taste like California summers and are grown in my area :) Thanks for hosting, hope you enjoy this week's recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle! You have a great round up and I really enjoy reading as well as contributing. You are always so sweet to visit my blog...thank you for supporting baby bloggers like me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.