Nov 25, 2012

See Ya in the Gumbo # 59 (potluck)

The Christmas tree is up, post-Holiday Turkey Gumbo is simmering on the stove, and I'm itching to finish off the last piece of pecan pie.  Hope all my friends in the US had a nice Thanksgiving.

See ya in the gumbo!

My great grandpa said this instead of "good-bye."  It means see ya out there in the mix.

Gumbo is a mix of various ingredients.  And no two people make it the same way.

To "make a gumbo" means much more than cooking.  When someone says "I'm making a gumbo," it means family and friends are invited.

I invite you to join this POTLUCK PARTY every Sunday night.

Bring whatever mix of ingredients you'd like.

Ms. enPlace


All featured entries will be Pinned here 
and shared on google+


Last week's features:

One Pot Goulash
from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Gotta love a one pot dish.
    


Slow Cooker French Dip w/ Horseradish Aioli
from Now Things Are Cooking 
Horseradish Aioli sure sounds good.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
from The Law Student's Cookbook 
Can you believe these were made with leftover pumpkin sitting in the fridge?

 
And my pick of the week:
 Sausage and Pecan Dressing
from Drick's Rambling Cafe
Whether it's dressing or stuffing, I think it looks good either way.


Thanks for linking!
 
* Please link your post, not your homepage.

* In your post, please link back to my site or add a button.

* Try to visit 2 or more participants

* Food-related posts only, please.


11 comments:

  1. I have been craving a goulash lately. Definitely pinning that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting Michelle! Love the features. Have a fantastic day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    I'm sharing a brinjal dish! Thank you for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting. I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving. Turkey Gumbo was on the table today too. Perfect weather for it up here in North Louisiana. Have a great week Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting, my Friend. Yes, I had something to bring to your Gumbo this week:)
    Hope you week is filled with lotsa of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting...I've now found a couple of projects to make this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for another party!
    Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11/27/2012

    How exciting that I got featured - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting and the feature, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The features look scrumptious! My late Mom always called stuffing 'dressing' - but it always tasted good too :) This week I have shared my Cowboy Coffee Cake, another vintage recipe. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michelle,
    Just in time to link one more! A Spaghetti meal!
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments.